With a common name as mine it is easy to be lost in the masses. I've tried to be invisible on the internet as much as possible, but it seems it hasn't worked out as I thought. But despite my efforts I'm still found in there. When I google my name I don't find hits or matches. My home computer will naturally find me in Facebook, which is the first search result. Then there is also an old playlist on youtube that I made a long time ago for fun for our store.
Photo search varies from Queen Elizabeth to men with same last names. One picture appears long down the line of me, but with links to someone else's Instagram account who I follow.
I don't know how to delete the old playlist from Youtube. Therefore the playlist will remain linked to my account and anyone can find me through that.
In the beginning when I created my Instagram-account I didn't register it as private and people could just add me to following list. Then I turned it to private account and deleted some of my followers. I didn't delete this one user who I follow, and through that account I'm found.
I don't believe that anyone can truly control all the information out there online about themselves. One should always be aware of the dangers involved in posting something on the bit-space (bittiavaruus). The probability is that it will remain there for the duration of the internets lifespan. Therefore anyone with decent amount of understanding and knowledge can dig it all out.
Fake news is the topic of the present President of the United States of America. However true or false his accusations are against the local press it is still a good example of how information can be manipulated or misconstrued. With small posts such as in Twitter where you can post just a word or a gesture can be interpreted various ways which can all lead to misunderstandings. With hashtags one must always be careful since the words are written all together, and can sometimes be read differently, as was pointed out in this Graham Norton show-clip.
There is a saying that any press is good press. All celebrities have a some size must to be online to promote themselves and the product they sell. But having someone hack your phone or laptop and releasing all your inner thoughts out to the public isn't necessarily the press that was wanted. Worst case, it might ruin a career.
Not everybody wants to be out there in the public eye to be judged. Working as a public representer one is required to have an opinion. Does that requirement include posting online thoughts and opinions? Usually they are required to be accessible to people, but how much is enough?
Photo search varies from Queen Elizabeth to men with same last names. One picture appears long down the line of me, but with links to someone else's Instagram account who I follow.
I don't know how to delete the old playlist from Youtube. Therefore the playlist will remain linked to my account and anyone can find me through that.
In the beginning when I created my Instagram-account I didn't register it as private and people could just add me to following list. Then I turned it to private account and deleted some of my followers. I didn't delete this one user who I follow, and through that account I'm found.
I don't believe that anyone can truly control all the information out there online about themselves. One should always be aware of the dangers involved in posting something on the bit-space (bittiavaruus). The probability is that it will remain there for the duration of the internets lifespan. Therefore anyone with decent amount of understanding and knowledge can dig it all out.
Fake news is the topic of the present President of the United States of America. However true or false his accusations are against the local press it is still a good example of how information can be manipulated or misconstrued. With small posts such as in Twitter where you can post just a word or a gesture can be interpreted various ways which can all lead to misunderstandings. With hashtags one must always be careful since the words are written all together, and can sometimes be read differently, as was pointed out in this Graham Norton show-clip.
There is a saying that any press is good press. All celebrities have a some size must to be online to promote themselves and the product they sell. But having someone hack your phone or laptop and releasing all your inner thoughts out to the public isn't necessarily the press that was wanted. Worst case, it might ruin a career.
Not everybody wants to be out there in the public eye to be judged. Working as a public representer one is required to have an opinion. Does that requirement include posting online thoughts and opinions? Usually they are required to be accessible to people, but how much is enough?
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti